Saturday, December 24, 2011

Any DMV workers here? Confused about title?

I bought a car from my cousin, she signed and printer her name where it says sellers. Somehow I got the car registered in NC without signing the buyer portion of the title. I dont recall ever receiving a new title in my name. My question is, if I got it registered in NC then they will issue a title to me correct? I still have the original in my cousins name signed over to me. I am going to call DMV tomorrow but wanted some advice in mean time.|||Good Afternoon, Linda. I'm trying to understand what your saying and what Is your question. You bought a car from your cousin,right? She signed and printed her name where It states : Seller, correct? Somehow you think the car is registered in NC even though you you STILL have the original title,correct? Almost impossible. How do, or rather what makes you think that the car Is registered? Did you see a new registration? Is It in your name? So, lets move forward, here. If as you say the car Is registered than you will certainly receive a title in your name in approximately 6 to 10 weeks (Most states) If the car was originally titled in NC then it will take much less time like no more then 4 weeks. But, It is My learned opinion that In order to register a vehicle you will need a title document (the only other situation form NOT needing the original title is: It is a lease car and the leasing company gives to the your cousin a certified photo copy of the front %26amp; back of the original title along with permission,etc)If your going to "Call DMV" 2morrow please have the registration handy showing when and to whom the vehicle is registered to in the state of NC. And If It is registered then you certainly will get the title unless you somehow financed the transaction. Then the title will go to the finance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment