Saturday, December 24, 2011

NC license suspension for 1 ticket in 16 years?

I got a ticket in GA for 17 over the limit in Feb. and paid the $345 fine,then in June I received a letter from the DMV in NC were I am licensed, saying that my license will be suspended for 30 days, I have a hearing in the morning, I have 3 boys that are 2,4, and 9, me and my wife work opposite shifts, I work days and she works nights, she drops the kids off to me at work at 4:15 and has to be at work at 4:30, what should I say to avoid getting my license suspended|||It seems North Carolina takes speeding seriously. I take this directly from the NCDOT website.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~鈥?br>

Suspensions %26amp; Revocations





In addition to criminal penalties that the court might mandate, conviction of certain traffic offenses will result in the loss of your driving privilege.


Your driving privilege will be revoked for at least 30 days if you are convicted of:





driving any vehicle more than 15 mph over the speed limit, if you are driving at a speed higher than 55 mph.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~鈥?br>




There you go. Sorry, all you can do is place your record in front of the court and hope they see fit to mitigate it, but the law is pretty clear.





Here is the webpage I sourced, which also details appeal options you will likely be interested in.|||Plead hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment