Saturday, December 24, 2011

I missed my court date, what to do?

I received a ticket in North Carolina for speeding 79 in a 70. I was charged with Speeding and Driving without being licensed by the state (my priviledges were suspended from a previous ticket, which is paid, but paid late). I missed my court date, primarily because it slipped my mind, which is the truth. I received a letter from the NC DMV about it and when I looked at the ticket, in small print it said there will be a warrant on me if I don't show up. I'm planning on calling the courthouse tomorrow, but I'm really nervous about them arresting me. Do I still have the option to pay it and not be arrested? How does this work?





The total fine was $160. Wish I wouldn't have forgotten it... would have been a lot less painful.|||I live in Texas and therefore unfamiliar with North Carolina law. However, in Texas if you miss a court date, a warrant for Failure to Appear issued against you. In order to get the warrant resolved, you must go to the court that issued the warrant and appear before a judge.





Most likely, North Carolina law is similar. Your best course of action is to go to the courthouse and tell them you need to get a warrant taken care of. You'll probably be able to go before a judge the same day, and he or she will probably just issue you a fine, and if you are "arrested" you wouldn't be spending any real time in jail. Most likely, you'd just sit in a cell for a few hours until you can get in front of the judge.





Don't be nervous, people miss court dates all the time. Just be completely upfront with the judge and anyone else you come in contact with.|||go to the courthouse, with all the money you need to pay the fine...i believe that if a warrant was actually issued, then they MUST follow up on that...they may very well arrest you---don't panic!...it will be a "quick turn-around", if you bring all the cash you need---best to call courthouse first, and find out how much--there may be more fines involved at this point---don't put it off...it will only get worse...|||run my friend as fast as you can to mexico.... tequilla|||well contact law in forcment emedintly.you might have to pay more.good luck.i feel bad for you.=(|||Contact them and explain the over-sight. Agree to pay the fine. I think that will solve the problem if you have no other outstanding warrents|||Do as they tell you when you call them up.|||Better make that call early.|||They are coming for you. muh ha ha ha ha|||As speedy Gonzales said, "ADIOS MUCHACHA"|||just show up and pay ur fines..


they wont put you in jail if u do that


if u hide and they find u.. that another mater

No comments:

Post a Comment