Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I live in NC and i am purchasing a car in CA do i have to pay both state taxes?

I am going to buy the car from a California private auto auction and have a california dealer who will do all the paperwork. Is there a form that I can get at a California Dmv so I do not have to pay the California Tax and Licnensing? I am driving this unit back to North Carolina.|||I am fairly certain CA %26amp; NC are reciprocating states, so you will pay sales tax in CA and that amount will be credited to and applicable NC sales tax. If CA taxes you 5% and NC requires 6%, then you will have to pay NC the additional 1%. I hope this helps!|||No. You only pay taxes to the state in which the car will be registered.


CA will probably charge you for a temporary registration to drive the car back to your home state.

No comments:

Post a Comment