Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Will DMV send my newly obtained license to another state?

I just obtained my license from Pennsylvania this last Saturday. They gave me a temporary license and said they'd send my actual license to my address in about 15 business days. My family and I will be leaving this Thursday to vacation in NC for a month or so. My question is: Will the PA DMV send my license to another state? The whole reason I got my driving test done was so that I would be able to drive when we went on vacation. Thank ya much! ^_^|||No, they will only send it to your permanent address, the one you gave them when you passed your test. You can, of course, drive with the temporary without problem.|||They'll send the license to the address you gave them. The temp license should be good in any other state, as good as the regular license. I very much doubt that you could persuade the DMV to mail it elsewhere, but you might ask a neighbor or relative to watch for it and forward it to you in NC. If your mail is on hold, I suspect you're stuck with the 15 day temp.|||Generally states will not send to an out-of-state address unless you specifically apply for an out-of-state drivers license. At this point the best way to ensure you receive your license (since you're going to be out-of-state so long) would be to have a trusted friend or neighbor check your mail for you and forward it to you.





Just be careful, in North Carolina you must carry your drivers license anytime you are operating a motor vehicle. If you get caught without it, even if you do hold a valid license, you may still be charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment