Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Please detail each step I will need to follow when buying a used car in NC.?

I have located the car and checked it's history. All good, I'm ready to buy. What steps do I need to take to do so and what taxes and fees will I need to pay? Will the dealer provide the plate? Do I need to go to the DMV for anything?|||Wait,





Are you buying the car from Dealership?


If so, you don't need to do anything but to keep up with them.


Just do as what they say, that's the benefit of dealership.


You just pay them, and they finalize everything for you,


so you can just pay and drive away.





If you're buying from a private party, its different story.


I know all the states may have different rule, but these should be all same.


First of all, you need to come up with the price you both agree ( seller, buyer )


then you sit down and write "Bill of Sales"


I, blah blah will sell the car to blah blah @ the price of xx,xxx$


On the date of xx/yy/zzzz.


The car's model is Whatever, Yoho, ZooZoo,


the VIN # is "xxxxxxxxxxxx"


Sign from both party, Driver license # of both party.





Those should be what's stated in the Bill of Sales.


Then both sign on the appropriate parts on the title.


Buyer keeps the tile, Seller keeps the money.


Make two copies of Bill of Sales and keep it.





Now, after transaction of money is done, Seller leaves.


Buyer goes to DMV with the car and Title.


Let the DMV take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment