Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Title issue - Can I just sign the dealer part? NC information appreciated?

I bought a car in august the person I bought it from said I could ride it out until I could get it registered in my name ( Low funds) I am now trying to sell it and the only place to sign is under dealer where there is a transferor and transferee part? Can I sign it and write a detailed bill of sale? If not what do I have to do in nc? I bought it in GA. Do i just go to the nc dmv and an instant title? What else would I have to pay to get it titled in NC?





I know it was stupid believe I wish I had just got it registered in my name in GA would have saved me a ton of time and headaches!|||You can only sign the dealer part if you are a dealer with tax stamps. Otherwise it would be jumping title and not allowed. You will have to get the title in your name before you can sell it. It wouldn't be fair to pass your tax burden to the next seller after all. If it's dated, and more than 30 days have passed, you will also have a penalty to pay.|||You will have to have it titled in your name, unless the person you bought from doesnt mind if you sign his name and the person buying from you is ok with that. I would go ahead and get it in my name and then transfer it to the new owner.|||what state you live in?





type into search box state name dmv











NC DMV





go read what you need to tittle and register


prety much same steps in every state


if you have tittle then your owner or you never switch it into your name then no reason to sign it its still open tittle when one sells a car they sign on back under sellers name and new buyer signs under buyers name if you never sign it or had it switch into your name and dealers name still on it then you don have to sign it they do





if you sign ity under buyers name then you hav eto go have it switch at dmv then wait til you get t back then sign it again then have them sign it sound slike you never had it inyour name since dealers name is on tittle all need to do it have them sign it under buyers name and they leave then they go hav eit put in their name

No comments:

Post a Comment