Friday, December 16, 2011

Can I drive in SC and NC with a Colorado learner's permit?

My dad lives in NC and we will be driving around. Is it legal for me to drive with him with a CO learner's permit in both NC and SC? And I'm pretty sure I could only drive with the person who was there with me at the DMV. But can the person (my mom)give my dad permission to drive with me, since she can't be there?|||You should be able to drive here in NC with your dad, but I'm unsure. Please check this website for all of the rules about driving with a learner's permit in NC.





http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/driver_services/graduatedlicensing/requirements.html|||i got my permit (in nc..) the day before yesterday,and i asked the man if it had to be the person at the dmv who drives with me, and he said no, it can be either of your parents, or somebody who has had their license for five years or more


(with permission from your one or both parents.)

Report Abuse


|||Check with the NC DMV and see what they say. Don't trust you driving future to these yahoos on Yahoo!|||Anyone who is a licensed driver can accompany you while driving. Here is a simple answer to your question. Yes you can drive with a learner's permit from another state provided there is a licensed driver with you at all times. What if you were a licensed driver from New York, could you only drive in New York? No! Same thing applies to people with learner's permits. Happy traveling.|||Well when I had my learners permit I could drive with anyone over the age of 21. But what you should do is call a dmv or police station in NC and ask them. Because some states you can only drive in your state with the permit but others you can drive out of state if you meet the requirements (such as age) of the other state.|||Alot of states have reciprocal agreaments check with your local DMV Drivers Liscensing office to find out which states will recognize your lerners permit.


Also most states have regulations as to the age and or experiance of the driver that is with you so have your dad check with the DMV where he lives

No comments:

Post a Comment