Saturday, December 10, 2011

I live and work in Ohio, but still have a NC license. I got a DUI in Ohio. What can NC DMV do about it also?

I relocated back to Ohio since last October of 2006. I have been using a valid NC license because it was good until 2013. I am currently going through Ohio's punishments for the DUI. Will NC suspend it as well and try to punish me. Will Ohio allow me to drive with work privileges on this license while it is suspended? Can Ohio allow me to obtain a new Ohio license for the 6 month suspension process?|||You should never have been driving on a NC license once you established residence in OH, regarless of the expiration date on the NC license.





You can pray that NC and OH do not have reciprocal agreements; i.e. if you fail to pay a ticket in OH, NC could revoke your license.





I would think that NC would revoke your license as soon as it realized you had established residence in another state.





Whether or not you get to drive to work is up to the individual judge; but if your license is suspended, it's just that.... you can't drive. That's why "driving on suspended" is a felony. It's not "restricted"... which would mean you could drive on certain conditions.|||they will suspend your license and your insurance will find out about it, there is no escape, ohio might let you have work privileges you will have to contact the ohio bmv to find out about getting a new license|||Yes, NC should suspend it when the paperwork from OH comes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment