Friday, December 16, 2011

I lost my NC issued car title. Can I get california DMV to issue me a new title?

I no longer live in NC. We moved to CA and we really need to get a title. We are leaving the country in 4 weeks and my only options are giving someone in nc a limited power of attorney to get a fast title or I can see if I can get one from CA.|||I doubt if California will issue a title for your car since you bought it in North Carolina. When you move from one state to another your title goes with you. You get a new car license, a new drivers license, and keep your old title. A buyer of your car in California would get a new California title.|||just call the office in NC and get them to mail you one|||Nope you have to have the title from NC to get one in CA. states generally do not share titling information for basically the same reason if you have a CDL now you cannot get another in a different state. Too much room fro fraud.|||California will not issue a CA title until the NC one is replaced, They will however go through the paperwork with the NC DMV.





Go to the CA DMV and ask. I have done this with 2 vehicles that showed up in my shop and the people left it there for over a year so it is mine when the cost of storage exceeded the cost of the car.


But I had to go out of state to get the title. The DMV in MO was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment